05 September, 2005

Memorial for the victims of the Sievx disaster

Listening to the dissident view

I heard last week on Radio National about the project to construct a memorial to the victims of the SievX tragedy on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra. I have been following this issue closely and attended the Brisbane launch of Tony Kevin's book 'A Certain Maritime Incident'.

There is a web site for the group of artists who started this campaign http://www.sievxmemorial.com/index.html I congratulate them for they way they are involving children in making things whilst becoming aware of important human values like compassion, empathy and the confidence that develops from speaking out in the defence of other people.

I believe this is entirely appropriate and give my support and believe it should go ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home